Fashion education reimagined.
Introducing Philadelphia’s premier, independent, fashion design and sewing program. Earn a designer development diploma your way. In this one year program students receive a quality education at a cost and pace that works for them. Through small class sizes, hands-on teaching, and one on one mentoring, we help aspiring designers and makers develop and launch beautiful fashion lines of their own.
With start dates in the Fall and Spring, we aim to provide a schedule that works for your life.
Check out the full 16 course program below.
START YOUR JOURNEY
Build a strong foundation that you can be proud of. Trimester 1 focuses on the technical aspects that are the building blocks of all sophisticated design. Learn professional fashion sketching and sewing techniques used in the industry that will set you apart from the rest. Start your journey towards becoming the designer you’ve always wanted to be.
- Beginner to professional garment construction techniques
- Beginner to advanced fashion illustration techniques
- Full overview of the current fashion industry. Learn how it all works
- Beginner Adobe Creative Suite to start creating individualized images for your brand. Business cards, flyers, and photo editing
ADVANCE YOUR SKILLS
Take your ideas to the next level. Trimester 2 builds upon techniques developed during Trimester 1 while growing your portfolio. Learn industry staples like patternmaking and draping that will expand your foundation.
- Advanced industry sewing techniques: jeans, shirts, dresses, and knitwear
- Create your own patterns to further your designs
- Create a portfolio that conveys your ideas in a professional format that can easily communicate your design aesthetic
- Design your own prints, and create professional technical drawings with Adobe Illustrator
LAUNCH YOUR LINE
Get ready to launch! Trimester 3 will give designers the practical skills needed for the real world of fashion design. From logo and print design to linesheets, lookbooks, and sales, students will learn to launch a capsule collection to be featured in our annual runway show.
- Design studio courses to cultivate your collection and start towards becoming runway ready
- Start product production and development, and get connections to sample makers, pattern makers, and small batch manufacturing
- Learn how to navigate the business of fashion through industry guest lecturers from business owners, designers, and mentors
- Create your social media platform, website, business cards, etc. and present your capsule collection in our runway show
START YOUR PATH TODAY
Not interested in a diploma?
You can take any of these classes as an individual course at your own pace.